Mobile Smart Pro – Mobile Switcher, mobile-specific content, menus Features
Mobile Smart Pro offers all the features of the free Mobile Smart plugin including:
1. Mobile Device Detection: high quality mobile device detection
2. Theme Switching: switch to a mobile theme of your choice when a mobile device views your site
3. Footer Switcher: allow user to switch between mobile and desktop version (template tag or widget)
4. Tablet Mode: enable/disable switch for tablets such as the iPad and Android tablets.
5. plus developer features like template tags to allow developer to customise your theme to different devices, and a boilerplate ‘unstyled’ theme.
6. CSS classes to enable you to style based on the tier of device, e.g. tier-iphone, tier-tablet. Support responsive design with user-agent detected CSS.
In addition, Mobile Smart Pro includes the following premium features:
6. Domain switching: redirect users to m.yoursite.com and/or switch theme when user arrives at m.yoursite.com (requires you to change some DNS and web hosting settings). Domain switching allows you to maintain one WordPress site for mobile and desktop, but present different domains for mobile and desktop users. Other options allow you to: a) Only switch themes when on the mobile domain b) Only allow access to mobile domain when on mobile device. c) New: option to maintain separate mobile and desktop WordPress sites, and redirect from mobile to desktop, as well as the other way around.
7. Mobile/Tablet Post redirection: redirect individual posts / pages / custom post types to a custom URL when visited by a mobile device or tablet.
8. Mobile Pages: mobile-specific rich text content on the same edit screen as your main content (works for all post types), and mobile excerpts for post types which support excerpts.
9. Mobile Menus: set up mobile-specific menus for simpler navigation, and map your desktop theme menu locations to your mobile theme menu locations.
10. Mobile Home Page: set a different page to be your mobile home page, when you
11. Mobile Plugins: disable specific plugins when a user views your site on a mobile device or tablet. E.g. disable caching plugins, or disable plugins that may slow your theme down.
12. Mobile Widgets: disable selected widgets when a user views your site on a mobile device / tablet / desktop through a checkbox on the widget in a sidebar slot on the Appearances -> Widgets page.
13. Mobile Shortcodes:
is_mobile: [is_mobile]some mobile-only content[/is_mobile]
is_tablet: [is_tablet]some tablet-only content[/is_tablet]
is_desktop: [is_desktop]some desktop-only content[/is_desktop]
14. Test mode Append ?testmobile=true to your URL before theme switching is enabled, to test the mobile site before enabling switching for all users.
15. Multisite compatible The plugin will show the current allowed themes for each multisite subsite.